Become a Pryt!
Every Fall Quarter, Prytanean holds its Membership Drive in order to recruit a new class of wonderful, inspiring, and impressive women! We also hold a Mini Membership Drive during the Spring Quarter so that those women who will be studying abroad in the Fall have an opportunity to become Prytaneans as well!
Listed below are the requirements to apply for Prytanean; please contact our current Membership Chair for any questions:
Membership Event Timeline
Thursday, October 19, 6:30-8:30pm: Info Night, Giedt 1003 (Recommended)
Monday, October 23: APPLICATIONS DUE (Mandatory)
Monday, October 30- Friday, November 3: Interviews (Mandatory)
Tuesday, November 7, 6:00-8:00pm: Applicant Refresher, 1227 Haring (Recommended)
Tuesday, December 5, 6:00-8:00pm: Initiation (Recommended if accepted)
- Must have Sophomore standing in the fall (and graduate no sooner than Winter Quarter 2019)
- Seniors may become members on the condition that they will be enrolled at UC Davis until December 2018.
- GPA Requirement
- Sophomores: 3.4 or higher
- Juniors and Seniors*: 3.2 or higher
- Transfers: 3.4 or higher from former school, must maintain 3.2 or higher at UCD
- If accepted, must have Tuesday nights from 6-8pm available during Winter Quarter 2018 to attend meetings.
In addition to completing an application, prospective members must undergo a personal interview with two current members of Prytanean. Applicants are considered on criteria based on academic achievement, leadership skills, community service, and commitment to the society.
- Download the Prytanean Fall 2017 Application.
- Fill it out.
- Submit it to the Mailbox #197, located at the Center for Student Involvement (CSI) on the 4th floor of the Memorial Union, by Monday, October 23rd at 4:00PM.
Late applications will not be considered.